- Test all smoke alarms periodically per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Check all fire and safety systems regularly.
- Trim back all tree limbs and vegetation away from roof.
- FOUNDATION, MASONRY, EXTERIOR
- Check chimneys for loose, deteriorated, or missing mortar.
- Check grading for proper slope away from foundation walls.
- DOORS AND WINDOWS
- Check for loose or missing glazing putty.
- Check caulking for deterioration of all openings and joints between wood and masonry.
- Check weather stripping.
- HEATING AND COOLING
- Lubricate fan and motor bearings.
- Check fan belt tension.
- For steam checks, test shut-off valve for leaks and drain low water cut-off (per manufacturer’s instructions).