- Check all tile joints for adequate grout.
- Check caulking around showers, bathtubs, sinks, and toilet base.
- Check water heater for leaks and corrosion.
- Check lawn sprinkler system for leaky valves and exposed lines.
- Have well water checked for safety.
- Check for any missing, loose, or damaged shingles.
- Check for open seams, blisters, or bald areas on flat roofs.
- Check flashings around all surface projections and sidewalls.
- Check antenna supports for possible leak source.
- Check fascia and soffits for deterioration and damage.
- DOORS AND WINDOWS
- Check all windows and hardware.
- FOUNDATION – MASONRY – EXTERIOR
- Check foundation walls, floors, concrete, and masonry for cracking, heaving, or deterioration.
- Check chimneys for loose, deteriorated, or missing mortar.
- Check grading for proper slope away from foundation walls.
- Check all wood surfaces for weathering and paint failure.
- Check all decks, patios, porch stairs and railings for loose members and deterioration.
- Check foundation and attic vent screens for damage.
- Cut back and trim vegetation from structures.